Monday, August 17, 2009

"Wanderer above the Sea of Fog"

Looking at this painting, I can see that it represents me as well as where I am in life. Currently, I am beginning my senior year in high school, the final year in a string of thirteen in which I was sure of where I was headed. My path was laid out before me a long time ago as I was aware of what intermediate and high schools I was destined to attend. Now I find myself at the end of this path, represented by the edge of the cliff that the man is perched upon. The man seems to be unsure of his future or where he will be headed next, as most of my classmates and I are unsure. Most of us do not know what colleges we will be going to next year, but come next spring, the sea of fog will clear and each of our individual paths will be right in front of us. We will be ready when this time finally comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment